Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Recent Events - May 10, 2010

Since mother told me to update my blog, here I am. Yes, I am 35 years old and still listen to my mother! :-)

On May 5th (Cinco de Mayo), I had what was hopefully my last surgery, nipple reconstruction. Or as Jamey likes to call it "Dos de Nipple Day."
I was forewarned the nipples would be "big." Yeah well... they are! It looks like someone took a piece of chewed up bubble gum, put some stitches on it, and then attached it to my foobs! He said they would shrink but he didn't say how long that would take. I go see him again in 2 weeks to get my stitches out, so I'm hoping they will be normal size by then.

This whole ordeal has been a learning process and just when you think you know what to expect, nope, you really don't!

He said I can get my tattoos in about two months. I am going to see if I can get them done before July 2nd so I can be 100% done before my diagnosis date.

This Thursday is the FOCUS fashion show. FOCUS is the cancer survivor group here in Stephenville and every year they host a fashion show to benefit Relay for Life.
I will be a model this year :)

Until next time, I will be busy with end of the school year stuff. Morgan is finishing Intermediate school and heading on to Jr High next year. She came home last night asking to take Spanish as her elective and also asked to take two pre-AP classes... Next year should be VERY interesting!

Of course I wouldn't have it any other way!

Love to all!
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment