Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wednesday October 19, 2011

Yesterday Jamey and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniverary. I can't believe we've been married that long. It feels like 5 years maybe! Time does fly!

So here are my updates...

I went to see Dr. Bussey, the breast surgeon. She examined me, said everything looks great and then released me. She doesn't need to see me anymore unless I have an issue. So happy to be released by her!

I also had my appointment with Dr. Cloven. She is an oncology gynecologist. She specializes in cancer of the girly parts, for lack of better words :)
Let me first say, I do NOT have cancer of the girly parts but since my estrogen level is up, I went to talk to her about a hysterectomy. She did an exam and said everything felt good. She is sending me for an ultrasound of the ovaries and uterus just to see. She isn't convinced that a complete hysterectomy is the way to go unless I have any other underlying issues other than the estrogen level. Plus she said insurance might not pay for it.

So this brings the debate... since when did the insurance company become CEO of my body? SO irritating!

So after the extra tests, Jamey and I have a decision to make. I would love to go ahead and get rid of any extra girly parts that I, number one, am done using (no more kids) and number two, is just somewhere else for the cancer to MAYBE spread.
There are no studies out there that show one way or the other, that if I remove my ovaries and uterus, that I won't get cancer again. Or if I leave them in I will or won't get cancer... confusing huh?

So until then, I'm living life!

Love to all!
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment