Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tuesday December 13, 2011

Well yesterday I went for my 3 month appointment at the Oncologist office. I also got the bone density results back. I have osteopenia, which is just a fancy word for thinning bones. He told me to take Vitamin D and Calcium and get another bone density test in a year.

I also had my surgery pre-op appointment. While I'm getting my labs drawn, EKG, and a chest x-ray, it dawned on me that this is really happening! YAY
I cannot wait to get rid of my ovaries since they are producing estrogen that my body hates, but I'm not looking forward to the hot flashes... I've already scoped out a spot on my side of the bed for my personal fan!

The woman that did my pre-op is the same person I had back in July 2010. I told her that and she said "what did you have surgery for last time?" (while she is taping the EKG leads all over my chest and my boobs are there for everyone to see) I said "a double mastectomy, can't you tell?" She said "Oh no, I thought you just had a breast reduction, those look real!" then she says "look" and pulls my gown all the way down to show the nurse in the room my boobs... She was such a hoot and did an excellent job drawing my blood.

Well I am busy at work trying to get everything ready to take off for 2-4 weeks. I can't wait to spend the holidays with my family!

Love to all,
C.

No comments:

Post a Comment