Monday, December 6, 2010

Monday December 6, 2010

Friday was my last chemo! WOO HOO!!!
I'll admit I wasn't very excited leading up to Friday, but once Friday got here, I was thinking "this is the LAST time I will be walking into this infusion room"

Soyonara infusion room!

Friday went uneventful except the nurse (Nurse Ratched) pushed my Benadryl and Zantac too fast, I was knocked out! I guess that was my parting gift from her... :)

Friday night I slept 13 hours! When I finally woke up at 11 am on Saturday I had really bad body aches. About 1:00, I realized I had a temperature of 101.4. I called the on-call Oncology nurse and she called me in some Cipro. I immediately started taking that and my fever went down around 5:00. By 7:00 I didn't have a fever, but I was still worn out. I was in bed by 10 pm!

Sunday I felt MUCH better. My fever tried to come back but I took Advil and it went away. I also noticed a rash all over my torso! I am not sure if it is from the fever, the Cipro, or the last chemo. The only thing I'm worried about is that I don't have an infection. Since my fever is gone, and hasn't made another appearance, I'm almost sure it isn't an infection. Almost.

I have a call into my Oncology nurse to see what she wants me to do. I also have an appointment with my plastic surgeon on Friday, so if the rash is still there (I hope not) he can look at it then.

Not much else to say...
Love to all!
Christy

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo!!! Congrats on the last chemo!!! It sounds like it wasn't a good last one but as always, you are a trooper. Praying for your health to stay good and continue to get back to your normal happy self. I hate you felt so bad during the Thanksgiving holidays but Christmas is on it's way and I know God will continue to bless you with health and happiness! I just know it!!! What an inspiration you are to all of us! Merry Christmas!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete