Monday, December 20, 2010

Monday December 20, 2010

Well two weeks have pasted since my last post. I went to see the plastic surgeon for my last fill. I am scheduled to get my permanent implants on Monday February 14th! I'm excited. Not to go through another surgery and be dependent on anyone, but to finally get these cantalopes off my chest! Sleeping or laying down on my side is becoming very uncomfortable.

I have started my Tamoxifen pill. This is an estrogen blocker that I will have to take for 5 years or until/if I have a hysterectomy. Since my cancer was hormome positive, they need to block the estrogen so another cell doesn't start to mutate with the estrogen somewhere else in my body.

My hair hasn't started to grow back yet and I'm emotional about this. I knew it wouldn't just be there when I was done with chemo, but I don't totally feel done because I still look/feel like a cancer patient. I know in time, it will grow back so I just have to be patient. Of course, patience isn't my strong suit...

Next Monday is my first follow up with my Oncologist since finishing my chemo. We will see how that goes, but I know one thing, I'm never stepping foot in that infusion room again.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment