Monday, February 14, 2011

Monday February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's day to everyone! Or as I now refer to it as, New Foobs Day!!

Over the weekend we celebrated Jamey's 37th birthday and Valentine's day, so going into this morning, I was already in a wonderful mood. Even the no coffee thing didn't bother me (and that's huge for me!)

Jamey and I showed up at the surgery center at 6am. Did my paper work and was taken back for pre-op. My parents and twin sister Michelle were also there. I got to visit with them during all this also. Dr. Strock came in and drew on my chest with one of those huge black permanent markers again. We discussed size again. Funny how when he asked what size I want, Jamey answered him! Haha

Surgery took approximately 2 hours. I recovered for about an hour and then Jamey and Michelle got me dressed and off for home we went. We left there at 11:45, home by 1. Of course I slept the whole way home AND took a four and a half hour nap! Once I got up, I was starving! But I feel really good. My soreness isn't anything like it was with the double mastectomy, it doesn't hurt to use my arms this time. Of course, I'm not supposed to use my arms, but it's hard to remember sometimes.

Friday is my post-op appointment with Dr. Strock. I will remain taped up until then so I can't see how big "Betty and Boop" are yet! :) Jamey said they already look bigger but I think that's wishful thinking on his part right now...

No using my arms or driving for 7 days so I'm letting Jamey do everything this week, and I'm going to enjoy it!

Thank you to all my friends and family for their thoughts and prayers! Without any or all of you, I wouldn't be where I am today, and for that, I'm truly grateful!

Love to all!
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment