Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday February 21, 2011

Friday, Jamey took me to my post-op appointment with Dr. Strock. I was SO ready to get that tape off and those drains out! Along with removing my tape, the nurse also removed part of my skin... OUCH!!!

I was not released to go back to work. He said he would like me stay home for 10 days. My next appointment is tomorrow, so Jamey and I are still hanging out at the house. Me doing nothing, and him doing everything.... ahhhh! :-)

From Friday until tomorrow I am in this althetic looking bra (with no wire) and an elastic band under my arms. My arm pits are SO sore from this band. I have to wear both 24 hours a day until Tuesday, except when in the shower, of course.

Also tomorrow, we have to stop by Neiman Marcus on the way to the doctors office because he gave me a specific bra to go buy. This bra is $70 and looks like something my grandmother wore...
I am to wear this bra for two months... two months I will have to wear a grandma bra when I've been bra-less for the last 7 months? Life is SO unfair sometimes... HA HA

Oh well, this is just the next step in the process.

Today I have been arranging everything to get my port removed. Since I got the implants, the port is now itchy and irritated, not to mention, I was just ready for it to go. I feel like when it's removed, I'll be "done". I know that sounds crazy, and I'm already 98% done, but when this poison port is out, I will be able to breathe easier (I think)

Until next time, love to all!
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment