Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thursday February 24, 2011

Tuesday I went back to the plastic surgeon. He did not remove my stitches because my right breast is bruised. He says this is from using my arms too much. I call BS because I haven't done anything. I am gladly letting Jamey and Morgan do it all!
Anyway, he also told me to wait 2 additional weeks to get my port out :( I was NOT a happy camper about that. So the earliest I can do that is March 14th. Jamey pointed out that the 14th day would be "my" day if I did it then. Implants on the 14th, port removed on the 14th, sounds good to me!

I go back to see Dr. Strock next Tuesday. I think I'll get my stitches removed then. While we were there, he put the grandma bra on me. It is tight and comes up WAY too high under the arm pits. Do all bras go this high? I can't remember since it's been 7 months. It's annoying to say the least and I have to wear this pretty much 24/7 for the next two months.

I was also released to go to work... happy happy joy joy :)

Monday I have my 3 month check up with my Oncologist Dr. Nugent, then Tuesday it is back to Dr. Strock.

Also this week I found a book of poems written by Karla Morton, the 2010 Texas Poet Laureate. She wrote these poems while battling breast cancer in 2009 and many of them are AMAZING! The name of the book is Redefining Beauty.

Love to all!
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment