Saturday, August 7, 2010

Friday August 6, 2010

Queso... For those of you that don't know, that's a family joke..

Well, I got Christy up early in the morning, I KNOW she likes that! Wait, wait, wait. Before ya'll start calling me bad names, I got her up early to get her hair done! She felt SO good afterwards. She looked so pretty too.

When we were done at the salon and began to head to FW, we hit a rain shower. That was awesome! We made our way east from The Ville to the "Big City". I know you're gonna find this strange, wait for it..... We were an hour early. SHOCKER!

Since we were early, I took Christy to the "Cancer Boutique" at Harris Fort Worth. Christy was abso-freakin-loutely tired of wearing her camisole and I don't blame her. Christy told me that they had "mastectomy bras" at the Cancer Boutique. Wouldn't you know it, it was closed!

If any of you know Christy, then you know she doesn't take NO for an answer. We started weaving our way through back offices and hallways. Places normal people are not allowed to go. I was like "We're SO gonna get busted"! Well, Christy found her Breast Health Navigator, Dana (Cool title). Christy told her we were looking for a mastectomy bra and that the boutique was closed. Dana was very nice and opened the boutique for Christy. We looked to no avail for a mastectomy bra that fit. Now before the surgery a large or an extra large would have worked well. They had plenty of those. Christy however, needed a medium. There was not one to be found.

Well we struck out at HMFW. Off to Dr. Strock's office. I had a special assignment when we left the hospital. Take this bag of medical supplies to the Dr. appointments along with her drain records. Yeah, I forgot them! So not like me... Christy found out and was so worried that they would not remove her last two drains. I told her, we would get someone to go to the house and fax it to the Dr. Office if we had to. I had several other plans, to include Morgan bringing it on her bicycle, but none of them were needed. The nurse came in and I told her how many CC's were collected from the drains, from memory. Yeah, yeah, scary..

My excellent record keeping, in my head, was sufficient enough for Christy to get her drains out. Praise the LORD and pass the ammunition. Dr. Strock came in and looked a Christy and told her she needed to come back on Friday the 13th to get her stitches out. The last thing Dr. Strock told us was "Enjoy your shower".

So there I was, pedal to the metal, weaving through traffic, trying to get Christy back to Stephenville in 20 min. It's normally an hour and fifteen minutes. Just as I get on I-30, "Can we stop and get some Chick-fil-a". Are you freakin kidding me?!?! It's high noon. Everyone in FW is on their lunch break. With my best smile, I said sure baby, whatever you want to do. Chick-fil-a was a freakin mad house. The drive through line was wrapped around the place a full time and a half. We decided to go inside. This was one of the BEST ideas Christy has had in a while. There was an entire volleyball team, a group of new mommy's on their mommy day out, the U.S. Air Force, and several assorted miscreants. It was hard to even find a table. I thought we were gonna have to stand at the condiment counter to eat. We shoveled our food down and then we were out!

On the road again, moving at break-neck speed to get to the coveted shower. Christy starts complaining her stomach was cramping. Next thing I know, she's asleep. By the time I got 2/3 of the way home, she's crying and doubled over. I'm thinkin crap! EXACTLY! Christy had not been able to go for quite some time. A combination of surgery, morphine and all the other meds she was on, had been plugged up something fierce. I got her to the house and got her inside. She was drifting in and out of conciousness. She say's she was sleeping to ease the pain.

I forced her to drink some Milk of Magnesia. She didn't like me too much at this point. I was thinking this was pay back for the whole Chick-fil-a saga earlier in the day. THE POINT IS, I got her taken care of. The MOM (Milk of Magnesia) kicked in and all was right with the world again! That took it's toll on Christy and she really didn't want to take a shower. This was a good thing because my Aunt Stacy came over and said we should wait 24 hours for the drain holes to close up. That's why I love my Aunt Stacy!

We finished the day on a good note. MOM (Milk of Magnesia) worked it's magic, Christy felt better and the Rangers won.

I'm gonna take Christy to find a camisole, without a shelf I'm told. Then I'm gonna make sure she takes a shower. Saturday SHOULD be a good day. Keep your fingers crossed. Christy is feeling a little better each and every day.

Thank you for the continued thoughts and prayers

Until next time

Pinkston out

1 comment:

  1. Jamey, your becoming quite the comedic writer. Thanks for having the patience of jobe and taking such good care of her.

    DIana

    ReplyDelete