Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wednesday August 11, 2010

Queso I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack! Sorry if you were looking for Jamey's hysterical writing/blogging, but this is Christy...

The doctor said I can start driving today and since I don't have anywhere to go, I figured I could get back on the laptop. Makes perfect sense to me!
I don't understand how I am capable of driving right now, I'm still really sore on my sides.

Sorry we haven't posted in awhile, not much going on except recovering. Thankfully every day gets easier and easier.

I go to the surgeon this Friday to get my stitches removed. I will find out if my arm restrictions are lifted. I will also find out when/how often to come back and get my expanders filled. According to the books I've read, he will put approximately 50 cc in every 2 to 3 weeks. We will see how different/aggresive Dr. Strock is.

Monday we go to the Oncologist, Dr. Nugent. We will find out my chemo treatment plan and get my port placement scheduled then. Maybe I can get my expanders filled and get chemo on the same days? Would save me a trip :-) but I'll do whatever they tell me.

I still can't sleep on my side :( and this makes my back hurt in the mornings. I feel like the expanders are stretched all the way to my sides, which is why I'm sore there I guess. Sometimes I wonder if Dr. Strock gave me Dolly Pardon size expanders! Jamey jokes that he slipped the doctor a 50 right before surgery! Tee Hee

I'm going out for field trips every so often. They are wiping me out, so I can't do much. Yesterday we went to get Morgan's school supplies. Even though that wore me out, I'm relieved we got it done.

I'm having to wear an Ace bandage type thing around my upper body. I've had it on since last Tuesday and it doesn't come off until this Friday. Since my expanders aren't anchored where they need to be yet, this keeps the expanders from riding up. Needless to say, I will be SO glad to get this off on Friday. It isn't as bad as the drain tubes were, but, still annoying to say the least. The only time I can take it off is in the shower.

Jamey and I are so thankful for all the dinners we have received, along with the flowers and get well cards. I think I have received a card everyday in the mail, along with a medical bill of some sort, but it's the cards I love!

Saved the worse news for last. We found out this week that Jamey's Aunt Linda has been diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer. It has spread to her colon and it's looking very bad. She is having a Whipple Procedure performed today. I'm not sure what this is exactly but they say the only operations that are worse are a heart or lung transplant. This procedure is scheduled to take 8-10 hours so I'm asking my prayer warriors to add her and her immediate family (husband, son, grandson) to your list!

I, or Jamey, will blog again Friday.
Love to all,
Christy

Pinkston out!

No comments:

Post a Comment