Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday August 16, 2010

Queso... For those of you that want Jamey to blog instead of me, he wouldn't today :(
Sorry folks!

We went to the Oncologist today and he gave us a copy of my pathology report from my tumor.
Stage IIA Grade 3. Invasive mixed Ductal and Lobular. Tumor size 3.5 cm. Several additional microscopic tumors present, largest measuring 0.2 cm.
Tumor demonstrates Lymphatic space invasion and Perineural invasion.
Nothing wrong with the right breast.

Queso (K so) the biggest thing that is disturbing about this report is the Lymphatic and Perineural invasion. While my lymph nodes were negative, the cancer had spread to the lymph spaces in my chest. This means I MIGHT need radiation. A consult with a Radiation Oncologist is in my future. :(

After getting over the shock of that, we discussed my chemo plan. I will be on what he calls ACT. This is Adriamycin, Cytoxan, and Taxol. He would like to do the Adriamycin and Cytoxan together, every 2 weeks for 4 sessions (8 weeks). After that, I will receive the Taxol every week for 12 weeks. So total chemo 20 weeks.

If radiation is needed, it will take place after chemo.

I am scheduled to get my port this Friday at 2:00 pm at THSW (my old stomping grounds). And I am scheduled to receive my first dose of chemo on Thursday August 26 (the day before my birthday).

That is all the information I have for today. Off to enjoy the rain!

Until Friday!
Christy

1 comment:

  1. Be weak and cry. We will be strong for you .Be strong and we will walk with you. Fall apart and we will put you together again .We will drag you up when you think you cannot stand it and we will celebrate when you get through this. We will set up prayer chains for you and He will work miracles. Have faith . Stay strong. Our prayers will carry you and He will wrap you and your family in His arms... God's got it. You are a huge inspiration Thank you.

    ReplyDelete