Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tuesday August 3, 2010

Queso...

Today we went to our first post-op appointment with Dr. Strock. Christy had asked me what time I wanted to leave in the morning. I told her I wanted to leave by 8:15. If ya'll know me, I'm one of those "If I'm 15 minutes early I'm late" kind of people. We left the house at 8:15... Sweet!!

Just as we pull out of the drive way, Christy says "Can you take me to the donut shop?".. Are you kidding me?? So much for getting on the road by 8:15. Christy was happy and I guess that's what matters.

We got to the Doctor's office and signed in. We set in the waiting room talking to some old English lady about Christy's new Nook E-Book. Thanks Reese. That was an exciting conversation. I'm hard at hearing as it is and I was having a tough time hearing and understanding this lady. That's not a bad thing sometimes..

Once we got back to the room, the nurse came in. She took all of Christy's bandages off, along with her skin. She has an allergic reaction to the adhesive that causes her to blister. She just developed that. Nedless to say she was a bit tender. The nurse took 2 of her 4 drains out and taped the holes. Instead of more bandages, the nurse put a large elastic band around Christy's chest. It is tight, but not as bad as the bandages were.

I got Christy home and helped her inside. I then began an in-town adventure to find her some adhesive remover. I was able to locate the adhesive, completing my mission. I then attempted to remove all the excess goo that the bandages left behind. I felt bad because the adhesive remove is basically fingernail polish remover. I put it on the cotton ball and began to wipe the sticky off. Sincer her skin was raw, this was burning her. I felt bad! I did get most of the goo off though.

I made up for all of that because I got her a hair appointment. I took her to the salon so that she could get her eyebrows done and her hair washed and styled. She feel's SOOOO much better now! I also got her another appointment for Friday, before we head back to Fort Worth to see the Dr.

Friday when we see the Dr. we get the last 2 drains removed. I will then drive like Mario Andretti to get her back to Stephenville so that she can SHOWER! She is SOO excited about that. We also found out at the Dr's office, that she will not get her expanders filled until 4 weeks post-op. So we will get our frequent flyer miles driving back and forth from Fort Worth. Oh Yeah, I already do that.

Thank you to everyone for the continued thoughts and prayers. Christy is getting better by the day. She is an AMAZING woman and a good patient for me to take care of.

Until next time

Pinkston out.

1 comment:

  1. Jamey, I will have to tell you what an awesome job you are doing on the blog! I commented to my husband about all the details you have included, I told him how shocked I was that a guy could remember all those details, and include them in the post. He very quickly reminded me you were an officer...that's the difference he said!!! lol...keep up the good work on the blog and patient care...also, guess when we take our train ride to Tx, I better bring some chips, for all your "queso" sorry, couldnt resist!
    Jody

    ReplyDelete