Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday September 3, 2010

Wow! First off, I can't believe it is already September! Time flies when you're having fun :-) (I speak fluent sarcasm I've been told).

Today we went to see the plastic surgeon, Dr. Strock. This appointment was for a "possible" fill. All in all he is very pleased with my progress. Says the girls are looking good and my arm movement is great! He did say he likes to wait until at least 6 weeks post-op to start filling (I'm at 5 weeks), and if I'm in any pain, he didn't want to start today. He assured me since I have a longer chemo schedule then he is accustomed to, we have plenty of time, so we didn't fill today. Which is a good thing because you should have seen the HUGE needles and syringes filled with saline laying on the table! Holy Mother of all things HUGE! Of course I took a picture and sent it to my sister and BFF :-) Jamey just sat there shaking his head, he is not shocked by anything I take a picture of anymore.

I need to keep using my arms, I have about 5% range of motion left to work out, and still NO housework. Boy am I loving Dr. Strock! He is a woman's man! haha
It is fine to sleep on my sides, since I have been trying and sometimes I am successful. He assured me I'm not going to mess anything up.

I can also make my fill appointments the same day as chemo! This is huge benefit right now because that means we don't have to drive to Fort Worth every week, one for a fill and the other for chemo. So we made my next appointment on a chemo day. We will go for a fill first and then go for chemo.

So off to the Oncologist's office to get my blood drawn to see what my white blood cell count is. That only took 5-10 minutes, we were shocked! Jamey didn't even get to finish his cup of coffee and I actually found a phlebotomist in this world that can stick me in ONE stick! I have to have Nancy from now on!

We were only in Fort Worth for 45 minutes total and headed back home to start and enjoy our holiday weekend. Seperately of course! Jamey is off hunting and I'm working/gonna visit my family this weekend.

So next up is my second round of chemo on Thursday. I'm a little anxious about this appointment because I remember how bad I felt last weekend :( I will call and get a prescription if I can't get over it though. Eventually we will go to Friday's for chemo but I wanted to make this appointment on Thursday because the Team PINKston benefit is Sunday September 13th and I want to feel the best I can for that!

Happy Labor Day and Happy Dove Hunting!
Love to all,
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment