Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tuesday September 7, 2010

Hope everyone had a great Labor Day!

Today we had our 6 week surgical post op appointment with Dr. Bussey. She looked me over and did an examination and said everything looks good. On with our questions...

What does lymphatic space invasion mean? It means that cancer cells were detected within and around the lymphatic space of the tumor. She said this would normally mean that would call for concern that the cancer has spread to my lymph nodes, however, my lymph nodes were NEGATIVE. So, guess this means we did find the cancer in time! Thank you God!

I asked her about radiation. She said I have another 50 years of living and my number one priority is being healthy, so an appointment with a Radiation Oncologist won't hurt. Of course, she is right! She is going to fax my information to a Radiation Oncologist that she recommends that doesn't just radiate all her patients.

I got my mammogram films back. What am I going to do with pictures of breasts I don't have anymore? Any ideas? :-)
I go back to see Dr. Bussey after I'm done with chemo.

Next step is second round of chemo this Thursday. I have to say, I'm not looking forward to it, but I can't imagine anyone that actually does!

Oh! The Team PINKston benefit is this Sunday. I'm praying I feel good to be there the whole time and visit with everyone.

Love to all,
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment