Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thursday September 9, 2010

Well lets start by saying I'm bald now...

Yesterday my hair was really falling out so I made the decision to go ahead and shave my head. My WONDERFUL hair dresser Kristen agreed to meet me after hours while no one was there so we could do it.
She started with cutting it short and Morgan helped with that. I think Morgan helping, helped her in the process. She was really freaked out about the whole idea of me not having hair. I'll be the first to admit that I grieved for my hair yesterday while making the decision to "take charge". But I wanted Morgan to be there to know that it is ok, that it doesn't hurt, and that it WILL grow back! When Morgan and I talked about it a couple of days ago, she didn't want to be there when I did it, and asked if I was going to wear my wig "at all times while at home."
Since being there with me, she says me not having anything on my head while at home doesn't bother her. Time will tell... She is my #1 concern at the moment...

On to today's events.

Jamey took me for my second round of chemo, otherwise known as the second bite off of the elephant :)
I had my blood drawn first, which I was told was "perfect". Then we met with the PA Susan and she answered all of our questions. Then off to the waiting room to wait for chemo. Over an hour later I was finally called back.
This round was quicker, and I didn't have any numbing spray put on my port before she accessed it. She did put tape on me and now I have tape blisters... OUCH! You would think I would remember how bad these hurt and not let them put anything on me. I'll definitely remember next time (or at least put myself a reminder!)

Tomorrow we go to the Granbury office for a Newlasta shot. Wednesday I have a consult appointment with a Radiation Oncologist (pray no radiation!). And Sunday is the Team PINKston benefit! I am so hoping and praying that I feel good all day! I can't wait to see everyone...

Love to all!
Christy

1 comment:

  1. Christy - It's not possible for me to be there Sunday, but please know I'll be thinking of you, Jamey, Morgan and all the family. You're always in my prayers! My love, (cousin) Lise

    ReplyDelete