Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wednesday September 15, 2010

We need to back up to Sunday to the Team PINKston benefit. WOW!!! I cannot thank everyone enough who came, contributed, and all my friends and family that put everything together! What an awesome turnout and I got to see people I haven't seen in FOREVER! I heard they quit counting at 355 people! For me? I just don't get it! I'm VERY thankful!!! *tears*

On to today...

Today we had our consultation with the Radiation Oncologist, Dr. Shide. If anything could go wrong, you know it is going to happen to us! :)
We got there early (shocker I know!), checked in and the system was down so she was having a hard time processing our co-pay. I left Jamey up there to finish paying while I found the ladies room. I came back and he is STILL standing up there! Of course when I said "so today is free?" It processed right away...

After we finally found 2 seats together, we sat there waiting (story of our lives lately). Just as Jamey is complaining that "no one keeps appointments anymore blah blah blah" the business office lady calls me back to talk about my insurance. After explaining my insurance plan to me (that I know) she wants to take my picture for the chart. WHAT? Ok... Then the camera wouldn't work. Great! Off she goes to get another camera, and guess what? It doesn't work either. Finally she plugs one in behind her computer, moves everything around and snaps my picture. Back to the waiting room we go.

We wait for another 15-20 minutes and in that time, the business office lady comes out to the waiting room and wants to take ANOTHER picture of me. At this point I'm looking around for "Candid Camera" (remember that show? :) AND... a lady is trying her little heart out to get to the bathroom before she loses her cookies. I felt so bad for her. She tried :( but she lost her cookies.

Finally the nurse comes to get us! After that, thankfully, everything went smooth. Dr. Shide came in and examined me. Yet another physician in the Fort Worth area that has seen/examined me. She had my pathology report in front of her and explained everything to us that we didn't know (which wasn't much). She explained what exactly radiation does and then tells me that she doesn't think I'm a candidate! WOOO HOOO

Some good news to last me for a little while. My next appointment is my next chemo treatment at the end of next week. Some rest for awhile? I think so!

Love to all!
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment