Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thursday September 30, 2010

Can't believe today is the last day of September! Wow

No doctors appointments recently but I did make my appointment for Genetic Testing. I am going to UT Southwestern Medical Center, to their Fort Worth office, on Tuesday. They sent me some paperwork to fill out regarding history. Let's just say I now know more about my family than I ever have!

It started with my parents and grandparents. I had to put whether they are alive or deceased and what age they are or were at time of death. Then I had to list all my parents' siblings. My Mom is one of 7!!!! So I had to list how old each of them are. Then it went to my siblings and their off springs :)

At the end it showed me this family tree and said "click on each relative that has or has had cancer and has had their ovaries removed." Huh? So I had to call one of my Aunts and ask her "Hey do you have your ovaries?" Hahahaha I also had to ask my Mom if either of my grandmothers had theirs removed. "Who Knows" is not an option on this questionnaire! On top of all that, I had to list the age of diagnoses or age ovaries were removed. Geesh!

So Tuesday is my appointment and it my understanding we will go over that paperwork, she will draw my blood, and then send it off to the one and only lab in the US that does the BRAC analysis. I should get my results in 2-3 weeks.

Also, Tuesday is my first fill appointment with my Plastic Surgeon. I had a dream last night that he put me under to fill me, of course that isn't how it happens because they told me I would be able to drive myself home afterwards. Hope I can move my arms! Tee Hee

This last round of chemo was better than the other two. I was actually able to go to a restaurant on Friday night, and I ate something! I had the racing heart and muscle spasms in my back for a couple of days but I took some of my anxiety medicine and it seemed to help.

I still get queasy when I think of certain foods or candies. Mostly they are foods or candies I was eating during my chemos. I just want to throw up typing this and thinking about it... Maybe next time I will eat chocolate during chemo so I won't ever want chocolate again??? NAH!

Until Tuesday! Hope everyone has a blessed weekend!
Love to all,
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment