Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wednesday September 22, 2010

Since my last blog, it has been pretty uneventful on the cancer front, thankfully.

Last Thursday, Jamey's aunt Stacy threw me a hat/scarf/necklace/earrings party at the hair salon where we get our hair done. It was fun! If you wanted, they put strips of hot pink hair in your hair. Of course my sister Michelle left with 6 strands! Morgan left with 3. :) My mom also came, and despite Morgan's constant persuasion, she did NOT get hot pink hair! She tried, it was funny :)

I did get out over the weekend and went to both of Morgan's volleyball games. They won both games, in the first 2 sets! Go Volley Bombers! My friend Luwana came over and cleaned my house on Sunday. That was really what I needed!

On to the cancer front...

Yesterday I started with a doctor's appointment with an Ophthalmologist. I have this spot next to my eye that has been there for over 2 weeks, so I decided to get it checked out since another one sprung up close to it over the weekend. His opinion is they are infected follicles... what? Ok. Another antibiotic prescription later (and a $50 copay), I was out the door.

Last night was my Look Good Feel Better class that is put on by the American Cancer Society. This event is free for all cancer patients (who can bring a friend). The cancer patient receives $150 dollars worth of free make up, the friend gets to look at it all! HAHAHA
They brought in cosmetologists to show us how to apply the makeup. i.e., how to cover up dark circles under your eyes and how to draw on eyebrows for when they fall out. They also showed us all kinds of different ways to wear a scarf. They even showed us a way to make an old t-shirt into a scarf, very interesting!
It was fun! Thank you to Aunt Stacy and my sister Michelle for coming with me! Sorry you can't have my makeup! Bwahahahaha

Tomorrow is my 3rd round of chemo. I am NOT looking forward to it! Since I am comtemplating running away to Mexico after work, I figured it might be time to fill that anxiety prescription. So, therefore, I apologize to everyone I talk to tomorrow, because I hopefully won't have a care in the world!

Until tomorrow my peeps!
Love to all!
Christy

1 comment:

  1. Keep it up my friend. You got this. Love ya! Diana

    ReplyDelete