Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thursday September 23, 2010

Happy First Day of Fall Ya'll...

Today we had round 3 of chemo. Checking 1 more Adriamycin and Cytoxin off the list! Check and check! One more round of those two (terrible) concoctions in two weeks and then I move on WOOO HOOO
Taxol each week for 12 weeks will be the next step. I'm told while Taxol will make me tired, I shouldn't feel "sick". We will see.

Took my little anxiety pill before we left the house and then asked Jamey to stop at Chick Fil-A for breakfast. The pill must have kicked in because I didn't care or listen to him complaining! HAHA Just kidding honey! ;)

Checked in, didn't wait long and went back to get my blood drawn. She missed on the first stick (argh!) She was successful the second time. Off to check in to see the doctor, and wait. Surprisingly, we only waited for 5 minutes. Get in there, get my blood pressure checked (it was good), and then wait.... and wait.... and wait.... We knew it was coming at some point. We had to give the lab department enough time to run my blood. Physician's Assistant comes in and I found out my levels are good! Back to the waiting room to wait on the infusion nurse to call me.
I'd say we only waiting for 20 minutes. So far, this has been the best trip there yet! Until...

Nurse: "are you allergic to anything"
Me: "Yes, tape"
Nurse: "I think this (a piece of clear plastic with tape on ALL sides, that goes over the port once it is accessed) will be fine.
Me internally thinking: "How do I tell this nurse that won't work without telling her how to do her job?"
Nurse: adheres the tape.
Me & Jamey: CRAP!

Conveniently my nurse was at lunch when I was done, so another nurse came over to disconnect me. When she peeled off the tape, with my skin attached, and said "You are allergic to tape" HAHAHAHAHA
That lead to me telling her the above conversation. She said "telling her NOT to use that plastic with tape on it, is NOT telling her how to do her job" She then told me what to say to my nurse on what to use.

Tomorrow we go to Granbury and get the Nulasta shot. It is obviously doing it's job since my levels are good! Too bad a side effect is flu like symptoms. Usually when I get home from that appointment, I start feeling bad. So no plans this weekend.

Until my next appointment...
Love to all!
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment