Monday, July 5, 2010

Monday July 5, 2010

Today I talked to my OB/Gyn, Dr. Smith. He called to make sure I was ok and see if I had any questions. He was going to refer me to an Oncologist and the surgeon but Aunt Stacy started that process last Friday :)

Jamey and I also met with Carolyn K, the cancer survive that has become my guardian angel. She brought so much reading material for us and for Morgan. She also brought me a surgical pillow that is in the shape of a heart, that she says will become my best friend. She spent about 2 hours here and was VERY helpful. I have this feeling my sister, Jennifer, will start making thousands of these pillows for people like me!

We have an appointment with Dr. Jane Bussey next Monday. Still waiting on an appointment with the oncologist. Until I talk with the oncologist and get his answers to my questions, I am leaning towards a double mastectomy. Still need to decide on immediate or delayed reconstruction surgery.

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. HI, my name is Cherie Stephenson. Debra Wisnewski told me of your story. I believe we may have all gone to LABC together at one time. I am not sure. But I wanted to let you know I was diagnosed with uterine cancer in January. I had a hysterectomy, 4 rounds of chemo, and 28 treatments of radiation. I have finished my very last treatment last Thursday...July 1. I am doing well and recovering. Trying to rest as much as possible....a little hard with 2 active children! Mainly, I wanted to let you know I will be praying for you. I know it is a different cancer than what you have but cancer is yucky no matter what. You are young and healthy. God is a big God and He will be with you through this entire journey. BTW, love the Blog title....I cancer-vive! If it is ok I will follow your blog and I will talk with you about whatever you want. Hang in there! Sounds like you have a huge support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for friending me on facebook. I look forward to talking with you.
    I am so glad you are doing well and recovering. I am sure I will have A LOT of questions for you during this process, especially about chemo if ours is similar! I am very uneducated when it comes to radiation (mainly because I am in denial that I might need it) so if that intersection should cross my path, I will definitely reach out to you.
    God bless you! And many thanks for the prayers (and you have mine in return)

    ReplyDelete