Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tuesday July 6, 2010

I have to admit, last night at dinner, I started having anxiety. Anxiety over having to go to work and not having Jamey with me. Crazy I know, but I couldn't help it. I had been with him constantly since we got the news. And of course as sweet as he is he said "Do you want me to take off work tomorrow?" I said "You can't come to work with me LOL" He made me feel better :)

So this morning I walked my 2 and 1/2 miles (thanks Holly) and then off to work I went. I told everyone I work with and then tried to bury myself in work. Of course I went to HR and looked up my benefits, and I'll keep this part short, I'm pretty much screwed. Just kidding! I have insurance, I have a GREAT family and wonderful friends and coworkers, I am young and otherwise healthly, I have a fabulous husband and beatiful daughter. Who cares if I only have 57 hours of PTO and didn't opt for short term disability at enrollment time. This too shall pass!

I have an appointment with the oncologist, Dr. Nugent, this Thursday. I am looking forward to this appointment (is that wierd?). Jamey and I have a lot of unanswered questions, mostly about chemo, so we are hoping to get those answered.

So after the appointments with the oncologist and then the surgeon on Monday, we will have more information. Until then... GET YOUR MAMMOGRAMS AND DO YOUR SELF BREAST EXAMS!!!!

Oh, I think Jamey's brother Casey, is having T-shirts made that say "Team PINKston". When I have more information, I'll post.

Love to all!
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment